Best Chimney Flashing Repair In Nassau and Suffolk County
Ask any roofer and they will tell you that the number one cause for chimney leaks is sheet metal flashing. Sunrise Roofing & Chimney Inc. is a leading provider in chimney flashing repairs and installations. We install and repair all types of chimney flashing including copper, lead, aluminum or roofing cement. Our chimney flashing experts use only the best materials and can guarantee being able to identify and fix your problem.
When Do You Need To Install A New Chimney Flashing?
There are many reasons why you would need chimney flashing repair. Below are some signs that you need to install a new chimney flashing.
- If you notice water stains or leaking on the ceiling near the chimney
- Your chimney flashing is missing
- Your chimney flashing is rusted through
- Your chimney flashing is falling out
- Your chimney flashing is covered with roofing tar (a common short term fix)
- When you put on new shingles because you want the chimney flashing to last as long as the new roofing
How Is A Chimney Flashing Installed?
Installing a chimney flashing can be broken down into 6 simple steps:
- Remove old flashing using hammer and chisel
- Cut the base flashing so that it fits along the front of the chimney
- Secure the base with galvanized roofing nails
- Attach the corner and step flashing so that it goes around the entire base of the chimney
- Secure the chimney saddle
- Install the cap flashing by using a circular saw to create 1 inch grooves in the mortar joints and fitting the cap flashing around each side of the chimney.
The following info-graphic shows all the parts required in a chimney flashing installation:
Cost To Repair Or Install Chimney Flashing
The price will vary widely based on the complexity of the problem and materials required. We recommend getting a free estimate from our licensed chimney flashing contractor. Based on your situation we will then be able to tell you if you need to either repair or replace your chimney flashing.
Take A Look At Some Of Our Flashing Projects
Chimney Flashing Guarantee
We’re so sure you’ll be satisfied with our service. We offer a satisfaction guarantee that includes up to 10 years on labor and up to 30 years on material depending on the manufacturer.
Contact us today at (631) 657-5059 for your chimney flashing repair needs and enjoy our hassle free, cost effective and reliable chimney installation and repair services in Long Island.